Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Memories Pt. 1

I just had an overwhelming urge to write down as many memories as I could from my life so far...

I remember Pennsylvania Avenue in New Braunfels. That is where I came home from the hospitable ( I don't actually remember that part.) I remember our dog lovebug chasing me around the living room and my first babysitter Nell who I loved and her ancient dog whose name I sadly have forgotten (and the one time my brother and I rushed in to her house to catch the second part of the Saved By the Bell movie in Las Vegas)
I remember football and the cowboys being very important (My dad, brother and me all dancing to the "Are you ready for some football?!" song.) I remember Ceci and Jose and the whole family at Thanksgivings. I remember Daniel and I making fun of Ceci and her accent! Hahaha.
Heather and the other families on Pennsylvania Ave.
My pink room.... I can still kind of remember my parents room in that house.
The dog with the spot that we gave to my dad's cousin... then it ran away.
Tex our neighbor who always fed the deer in the forest in our backyard. Years later we felt the need to visit Tex at the nursing home he was in so we did... and he passed away just days later. I'm glad we got to say goodbye.
I remember breast feeding a long time! Ahhh!
I remember going over to my Grandma's apartment and making juice ice cubes and eating apples and picking pecans from the ground.
My grandpa and how he smelled like tobacco and antiques and how he sat in his chair.... and his wonderful deep, husky voice.
When my other grandparents lived briefly in our neighborhood... I had a tea party there, helped paint their garage and played old maid with Grandma Hobgood.
I remember my mama's aerobic studio and all her running friends. I always was close to the other fit mother's children like Aubrey and of course my Leigh Leigh.
I remember watching too many scary movies and therefore sleeping with my parents up to an unreasonable age.
Walking up to the Christian Academy.
Seeing our new house as it was being built.
Daniel's friends... some were so nice and some were not.
Daniel's obsession with Metallica and our joint obsession with the Batman soundtrack.
My mama listening to Edith Piaf in the car.
Going over the Barber's beautiful house with their barn in the backyard. I still can imagine myself in that house and in bed with Jerelyn and her plaid blanket and Ginger cuddling with us. And also they had weird plate thingies that went under paper plates... and they always had string cheese.
I remember going over to the Flume's house and thought their basement/living room was so neat and cozy... and loved getting to swim in their pool!
And the Shumways across the street and playing Pretty Pretty Princess with Jennifer.
Watching the Christian Academy gym go from a slab of concrete to whatever it is today.
Being the best napper in Pre-K and Kindgergarten.
Hunter calling me weird... and Andrew's little brother peeing on me. And that one boy who gave me a necklace in Kindergarten! He started early!
The dentist lady teaching me how to brush my teeth... I have used the cleansing techniques ever since.
Going to Dallas to see Amy and French and the one Christmas where I asked "Santa" or whoever was on the phone for a .... witch's broom!
Gizmo... I still miss him so much.
Having to lock the doors in the house and hating being the last one to go to bed.
Becoming best friends with Rachel Williams who was the best best friend a girl like me could have asked for... I was too bossy looking back!
Rachel's Uncle Pat babysitting Daniel and me. He was a talll guy and put a mask on once and scared the living daylights out of us.
Making movies with my friends and forcing Brittany to always be the killer :)
Going to Deer Creek Camp and beginning my friendship with Jordan Emily Walker.
"Elllly Ferrellll.... and Morgan Brodbeck!" Mrs. Kay Walker
Sports.
T Bar M for high school... kind of really rocked there.
I would like to forget what an idiot I was back in those days!!!
Road trip to Florida.
All trips to Florida... sooo many!
I remember when I first met Matt and first talked to him.
First kiss... not to the nice gay boy in the play but my first REAL kiss.
Being Oliver for a middle school play with Mrs. Hair... and my music going out in the middle of my solo.
Miss Virginia Smith with her crackers and high-waisted pants
Kathleen Coster's birthday parties.
The infamous end of the year roller-skating party when I found out the boy I was "going out with" didn't like me anymore :(
The Flores house with Hannah... very nice memories!
Becoming friends with lots of Canyon people! The summer of Jameson and Alex was goood!
Leigh demanding breakfast at the Walkers.
MMmmm Walker breakfast!
All the plays... my favorite being Little Women because I had the most fun with that character and those girls.
Being "sick" freshman year... crazy time.
Having mono and painting my entire room by myself! Sheesh.
Sleeping on the floor in Brittany's room and dressing up like homeless people and walking over to Coach's house.
Coach!!! The best thing that ever happened to our volleyball team.
Little Littlejohn.
I was best defensive player and MVP for basketball and volleyball respectively... but it was the Christian Academy so...
Going to France and Uncle French (haha yes that is his name!) telling us ghost stories on that houseboat with the blackness of night breathing against my back... spppoooky!
Early morning races with my parents and mistaking another slender man with short running shorts for my daddy. Terrifying.
9/11 in Mrs. Ballast's English class.
Mrs. Ballast! Maybe tied with Mr. G. for favorite teacher.


Okay I need a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment